While on vacation this year, I read both Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s books on nutritarianism… and I’ve decided that my birthday gift to myself is giving myself a year of being vegan. And then I’ll see what happens.
To keep myself motivated, I downloaded the wordpress app for my phone and I’m going to share food recipes and pictures. I think 🙂 Let’s see how that goes. Finding out I’m beef sensitive and egg allergic is a great reason behind this, in addition to the kazillion benefits to health and wellness. A week in, I’m feeling pretty good so far!
For dinner tonight I’m going to make a yummy bowl of Kuku Paka. But since I’m trying to cut the meat, dairy and so on by the end of the month, I’m going to make Tofu Paka. I season my food a lot more heavily than some people, because I love spices so much … here’s what I think I’l be working with
- Firm Tofu, pressed and drained, cut into pieces — 1.5 lb
- Onion, chopped — 1
- Hot chile peppers, chopped — 2 or 3
- Ginger, peeled and chopped — 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, chopped — 2 tablespoons
- Oil or ghee — 1/4 cup
- Curry powder — 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds — 2 teaspoons
- Chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce — 2 cups
- Coconut milk — 2 cups, or 1 (15-ounce) can
- Salt and pepper — to taste
- Cilantro, chopped — 1/2 cup